Joint Synthesis Report
One of the goals of the research phase was to synthesize important findings of the three country studies into a Synthesis Report. On 19 March 2018, a jointly agreed Short Version of the Synthesis Report has been published. Here the Press Release in German and the German 5-page-Summary.
Regarding the long version it is still unfortunate, that only the German Country Report has been finalized while the Kenyan and Zambian Country Report are still being elaborated. For that reason, two chapters are still in draft status and not yet agreed between the cooperating partners.
For download available are the following documents:
- I. Preface by the Heads of Institution
- II. Concepts, methods, sources, context
- III. Understanding the wealth gap and governmental dependence on external financing
- IV. Tax laws and tax like contributions (not yet finished)
- V. Tax administration (not yet finished)
- VI. Core issues
- VII. Ethical considerations
- VIII. Policy recommendations
Chapter IV and V will most likely be updated once the Kenyan and Zambian partner conclude their work on their respective Country Report.